If you’re a blogger, direct sales consultant, or have ever tried any MLM type business, you know that it can be very frustrating when you’ve been promoting like crazy, but haven’t made any sales. Some people simply give up, and move on to the next opportunity, only to find they still aren’t making any sales. They just keep “moving on” to the next company, hoping and praying that the next one will convert. Without patience, these people will never succeed at any business. I don’t want you to be one of those people, so I am going to tell you how to succeed at any MLM business.
The Key to Building a Successful Marketing Business
- Be patient, and NEVER GIVE UP! You may not be making any money now, but if you just keep promoting your link, and getting your name out there, you’re eventually going to start generating a steady cash flow. Not everyone you meet is going to want whatever you’re trying to sell, but that doesn’t mean they won’t go tell their friends and family about you.
- Ask those who say they aren’t interested to please pass your information onto their friends and family. You may be surprised at how many customers you will accumulate just from someone recommending you. The more people you tell about your business, the bigger chance you have at making a sale. You may tell 1000s of people, and only get one sale. Don’t be disappointed, be excited! That one person is going to tell everyone they know if they are satisfied with the service and/or product(s) they receive.
- Most customers come from word of mouth advertising. I like to implement referral programs for my businesses. For example, for every 5 referrals one sends, give a special prize. I like to give gift certificates from my companies, or I will pick an item from my inventory as a prize. Just make sure whatever gift you give has decent value. The more valuable your prize, the more likely they are to refer friends.
- Build a list. Always get potential prospects or customers contact information. Create contact forms you can hand out, or find a good contact manager to use. Send emails to your list to keep them updated on new promotions or deals. Email marketing is the best way to convert your leads to sales. Building a list is crucial to your business.
- Use social media as much as possible. Facebook generates 58% of consumer revenue, which is the highest generating social media platform, followed by Pinterest, Instagram, then Twitter. However, Facebook did a survey on it’s users in 2014 in which it asked users if they wanted to see more posts from friends, or more posts from groups and pages. Most users chose “posts from friends,” therefore, Facebook limits posts seen in newsfeeds from groups and pages, especially if they are too salesy.
- Educate yourself. I suggest researching how to create Facebook posts that will reach a further audience by using or not using certain words. A great place to start would be The Work-at-Home Success Bible: A Complete Guide for Women: Start Your Own Business; Balance Work and Home Life; Develop Telecommuting Strategies. This book will teach you some very useful marketing techniques. Guys, don’t be put off by the title, you can learn something from it, too. Don’t stop there, though. Read all the information you can find on marketing, promoting, and running a work from home business. Learn from your upline, or find marketing groups that like to share marketing tips. Keep researching and learning. Learning is earning. You’re earning knowledge, very useful knowledge. Even if you aren’t making money, right now, you’re learning a very useful skill that many web designers and companies are looking for. So, eventually, you can start applying to these developers or companies, and they pay good money just to monitor their websites. The best part? You can still work at home doing these jobs! You can learn more about what your online marketing skills are worth here.
NEVER GIVE UP! The chief cause of disappointment is trading what we want MOST for what we want at the MOMENT. Keep promoting, stay excited, and try something new everyday. NEVER stop learning! Always offer value to your customers. Be nice, courteous, and helpful whenever dealing with a prospect. Give them a reason to come back, and/or spread the word. Build a list of email addresses, and keep promoting with email marketing.
Stay motivated, and continue to work towards your goals. You will be successful if you stay positive. If you have any questions, or would like to add your tips, please, feel free to do so in the comments section. I would love to hear your thoughts.