When I’m not working on my many businesses, I’m in the kitchen, cookin’ up somethin’ good! My husband is like a big ol’ kid, he is very picky when it comes to food. So, I like to throw together my own little recipes using ingredients I know he loves. Also, I get bored eating the same things, so I have to change it up every now and then. So, one day, I thought, “Why do burgers have to be made into patties? Why don’t I just mix all the ingredients, and throw it on a hoagie roll?” So, that’s what I did… And OMG!!!! I can’t believe how great of an idea that was! It’s all the same ingredients as a regular hamburger, but the flavor is soooooo different! And delicious!! This is now my husbands favorite meal! If I had kids, I’m sure it would be their fave, too! Just cook up the ingredients, and dress it as you would a normal hamburger. I guarantee the whole family will absolutely love it, and beg for it often. It’s also fairly quick to make, which is good for us work at home wives whose work never seems to end. Enough with the suspense, already! Here’s the recipe…
- 1 lb Hamburger Meat
- 1 Pack of Bacon
- Medium Block of Velveeta Cheese (Cubed)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced, optional)
- 1 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1 TBSP Tony Chachere’s
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)
- 1/4 C Milk
- Philly Cheesesteak Hoagie Rolls
- First, Grab a large non-stick pot, and pre-heat it over medium-high heat. While it’s heating, stack your bacon on a cutting board, and cut it into small squares.
- Next, throw your bacon, and onions if you desire, into the heated pot, and cook until it’s almost crispy, or crispy if you like it that way.
- Once your bacon is cooked, add the pound of hamburger meat to the mixture. Sprinkle garlic salt, Tony’s, and salt over mixture. Cook until meat is browned.
- Drain grease from mixture.
- Next, add milk and cheese to the mixture. Over medium-low heat, stir until cheese has completely melted.
- Now, butter your hoagie rolls, and grill over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Place mixture on grilled roll, and dress with your favorite toppings. (Lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc.)
There it is! So, cheesy and so delicious! I’m sure it will become a new favorite at your house, just like it is at mine. If you decide to make it, please, let me know what you think about it.